1. Goner’s Beale Street Takeover, Friday, W.C. Handy Park, 6 p.m., free, all ages
Enjoy free tunes in this week’s family friendly Jams on Beale concert with Memphis favorites NOTS at 6 p.m., Jack Oblivian & the Sheiks at 7 p.m., and Tyler Keith & the Apostles at 8 p.m.
2. Womanchild, Evergreen Theatre, Friday, 7 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., $9, 21 and up
Support Memphis comedy and laugh your face off at comic’s Katrina Coleman’s album recording. She’ll do two performances, one at 7 p.m. and again at 9:30 p.m.
3. Brewville at DeNeuville, DeNeuville Learning Center (190 S. Cooper St.), Saturday, 4 p.m. – until, $35 advance/$45 at the door, 21 and up
Mingle with fellow beer lovers while you taste and judge Memphis-homebrewed beer, all benefitting the DeNeuville Learning Center, which provides education and support for women and families. Memphis Made will be there will more brews for after the tasting. If you go, say hi to my podcast cohost, Kevin Cerrito – he’ll be emceeing the event.
4. Memphis Roller Derby Double Header, Pipkin Building (940 Early Maxwell Rd.), Saturday, 6 p.m. and 7:45 p.m., $12 door/$6 kids/free under 4, all ages
On Saturday night, see three Memphis roller derby teams play. At 6 p.m., the Memphis Hustli’ Rollers will play the Hard Knox Roller Girls of Knoxville; at 7:45 p.m, two Memphis teams will play each other: Angels of Death vs. the PrissKilla Prezleys. There’s beer, there’s food, there’s a $2 off coupon.
5. Little Big Town at Live at the Garden, Memphis Botanic Gardens, Saturday, 8:30 p.m., $51.45, 18+
The Botanic Garden’s annual outdoor Live at the Garden concert series has a brand-new permanent stage this year. More than the music, the series is also about hanging out on blankets with elaborate picnics and seeing and being seen. Tonight kicks off the first concert, Little Big Town.